Hi friends Lemon rice is a very popular rice dish from South India..It is very tasty dish prepared with rice and can have with papad, rasam,sambhar,chautney..
My husband and kid is very fond of rice and they both love these lemon rice and curd rice prepared in Pure South Indian Style..
This lemon rice recipe is very popular in South India. It’s tempered with spices like mustard seeds, curry leaves and has peanuts for the crunch and lemon juice for that tangy flavor,whole red chilly for spicy flavour.
It’s very easy to prepare a great quick lunch or dinner.
Ingredients Of Lemon Rice
- 1 Cup Cooked basmati rice
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- A pinch of Asafoetida (heeng)
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds (sarson)
- 1/2 Cup Curry leaves (kadhi patta)
- 1 Whole red chilli (sabut laal mirch)
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder(haldi)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves (hara dhania), chopped
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Chana dal
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
How to Make Lemon Rice
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Now add asafoetida, curry leaves, ginger, red chilli, chana dal and urad dal. Saute them well.
- When the seeds begin to splutter, add turmeric powder followed by rice. Turn around a few times so the rice is completely mixed.
- Add salt and lemon juice to the rice and mix well.
- Garnish with Hara dhania and Serve hot with coconut chutney, south indian tadka dahi or lahsun turmeric chutney.