Hi friends Shakarkand is very healthy root vegetable so we know it as king of root vegetables this is most nutritionally rich vegetable it contains fiber, Vitamin A and Vitamin C and minerals like magnesium and calcium and many other healthy nutrients..A tangy and sweet chaat made with sweet potatoes mingled in chaat masala, chillies and lime juice. This recipe makes use of sendha namak, so can be relished during the fasting.
Ingredients Of Shakarkandi Ki Chaat
- 1/2 Kg Shakarkand (peeled & cubed), boiled or roasted if you take this roasted then this gives amazing barbecue taste.
(if you can not roast shakarkand then keep all cubed shakarkand in a bowl and lit a coal on gas stove till red hot then keep it over red hot shakakand and por a few drops of ghee over it and cover the bowl with a lid for 5 min..your barbecued shakarkand is ready.. For this just boil shakarkand using required water only..)
- 1 Tbsp Chaat masala
- 1 Tbsp Chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin seeds (powdered), roasted
- 1 Tbsp Rock salt (sendha namak)
- To taste Lemon juice
- 2-3 Green chillies, finely chopped
- Cubed cucumber and apples (optional)
- To garnish Coriander leaves , chopped
How to Make Shakarkandi ki Chaat
- Mix all the ingredients together, adjusting spices according to taste and serve.
- if you are on diet you can have it as it is very healthy, you can have it during fast as well as mid time snax..i mean whenever you are feeling to have something you can have it and can enjoy its taste and helth benefits..